|Chapter Board Meeting January 18th, 2022|
|The Chapter Board and Officers met via Zoom last evening, our first session for the new year. The detailed notes of the meetings are – as always – posted to the Chapter web site here. |
The highlights and summary are as follows:
– President is to recommend some bye-law changes to better address our Chapter operations, and to introduce a fifth Board position to help in decisioning and Board engagement. Voting by membership is required to adopt such changes.
– Board Meetings will be open to membership
– 2022 will see additional focus in two specific areas; youth engagement in aviation, and membership workshops
– We’ll continue our Saturday morning meeting and event schedules while the weather remains challenging
– We’re moving to Natural Gas at the Chapter hangar (cost saving, efficiency), work will be completed in time for our Pancake Breakfasts, in early spring
– We’re planning two fly-outs per month, starting March. One local, one more distant, with new destinations.
– Pancake Breakfast fund-raising events and Young Eagle flights are scheduled and dates can be viewed at the Chapter Events Calendar
– Chapter financials are below desired level, following two years without major fund-raising. The Board continues to tightly manage expenses and operating costs. Membership renewals – normally 50%+ of our regular income – are occurring at a medium pace at present, and are critical for funding planned Chapter activities. Renew here.
Questions, comments and suggestions are welcomed: [email protected]
Click here to view detailed Meeting Notes (in the ‘Members Only’ area of the webs site)
|Mike Parry, President, EAA Chapter 240|