As we mentioned in a previous email (here) we’re introducing the use of ZOOM video for our Membership Meeting of November 5th. The technology is easy to use and highly effective at getting groups together. We think you’ll like it and find it a helpful way for us to engage and share Chapter and aviation information during these restricted times. We hope you’ll join us and give it a try. We plan to have external speakers join us via ZOOM in later sessions, if the membership views the initial experiment of November 5th succesful.
Here are some additional tips and recommendations for making the best of your EAA240 ZOOM sessions:
- open your session a few minutes ahead of the meeting start time by opening the app (if you downloaded it) or by clicking this link: https://zoom.us, and selecting ‘Join a Meeting’
- start the EAA240 session by entering the Meeting ID and Meeting Password when prompted (we sent these to you in an email)
- use a headset if possible (much better!)
- always – MUTE your computer, keep it muted unless asked to unmute
- remember – if your camera is on, we can see you and all that you are doing!
- use the Chat Window to let us know if you’re having issues
- Got a question for the group? Wave at us, we’ll get to you
- Our sessions will be recorded
Want to give ZOOM a try before our meeting, and test out your computer equipment? Easy – click here
If needed, the link below provides mored detailed ‘how-to’ information for using ZOOM:
Have questions? email us here